The following changes have been made in the updated guidelines for this year. Be sure to note them for your preparations for this year’s Competition.
- Checklist #4—The project must have a display board that fits within the allotted area that is no more than 48 inches high.
- Essay Writing Check list #1
– Length Juniors 200 – 400 words
– Length Jr. High/Sr. High 600 – 1000 words
- Essay Writing Check list #3—submit: 1 copy (email) including judges form is sufficient (this change is for poetry and short story as well)
- Short Story Page 31—Check list #1
– Length Junior 300 – 600 words
– Length Jr. High/Sr. High 600 – 1200 words
- Judges forms also changed to include new word limits for Essay & Short Story
Art & Photography
- Types of entries #5—Clay Sculpture is separate. It is no longer combined with metal
- Play dough or any untempered clay will not be accepted
- Wood working add—Any non-wooden part must be visually insignificant
- Page 37–Framing: ready to hang in any easily accessible manner
- Wildlife #4—In a natural outdoor setting (plants & flowers must be wild life not from back yard or manicured garden)
- Entry limitations not more than 3 per student
- Rules #6 not altered…like photoshop etc., to change composition of photo. Simple adjustments that could be made in a darkroom, like cropping, exposures, or contrast are acceptable.
- This is a competition of your skill with a camera, not the computer
- We no longer offer checkers for Senior High competition
- There will be no spectators or coaches allowed at the table during checkers game. A spectator section will be designated.
- There will be no spectators or coaches allowed at the table during a chess match. A spectator section will be designated.
3 on 3 Basketball
- Games will be half court games
- Handwritten copies are not acceptable
- Hand Chimes are a stand alone event